Terran Chronicles - FS MOD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Terran Chronicles?

Go down

What is Terran Chronicles? Empty What is Terran Chronicles?

Post  admin Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:51 pm

SF is a mod i have come up with that i have started development by myself for the Freespace 2 engine which looks to reach the point of total conversion with many campaigns. The Conversion stage will probably happen soon after finishing the first campaign though we might hold the conversion release until we are sure its set-out out properly.

The project is based on the valiant work of the Freespace Source Code Project (SCP), for any one stumbling on this from outside the community http://www.hard-light.net is the best place to start when getting into the breathtaking universe of Volition’s Freespace and the many modifications made over the years.

The game itself is an original idea though it does borrow many established sci-fi ideas. The back story is that the human race (now Terrans after a bloody Earth-Mars war pre-inter stellar travel) has been traveling between stars for around 400 years and have established their boundaries against several alien empires. With unstable diplomatic relationships throughout the galactic arm, border skirmishes are the norm and can last from a few hours to a few years. Recently the most notable of these skirmishes is 5 year war between the Terrans and the unsupported Marimara clan of the Terth species over one mineral rich system.

The mod begins when John Moore, Sara West and Michael Rubers join the Terran Republic Carrier Crusader an ancient Parry class strike carrier relegated to security patrols. Though their training is complete the 3 pilots are assigned to the carrier to conduct their Acting Officer Trials, an initiative designed build operational experience in the pilots before being assigned their full ranks (very WCS prologue I know but I hope the storytelling and ending are different enough to prevent problems).

The finalised first campaign will
Introduce numerous ships new to the community

Take advantage of many SCP features like ballistic primaries, armour tables and autopilot.

Create a new universe with many races and factions.

Completely overhaul the image and sound files to fit the new setting

Beyond the first campaign
The Future Missions Series as our commitment to new projects each campaign will contain missions set further along the timeline which minor variations of will turn up in subsequent campaigns.

Also when the time comes we welcome interest for fans to work with us to create new branches of the time-line

Since setting these pages up I have found out that the name is not original so I'm now looking into a new name (thanks Dragon from the HLP forums).

Last edited by admin on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:57 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : responding to requests for a better fleshed out introuction)

admin
Admin
Admin

https://tcmod.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down