Terran Chronicles - FS MOD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headdie's Journey

2 posters

Go down

Headdie's Journey Empty Headdie's Journey

Post  Headdie Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:50 pm

Terran Chronicles

Preface

I decided to start this section as a point of reference for any one interested in how the mod developed (should it get popular enough)

Act 1
This is all the stuff prior to starting the forum.
The mod started months before I made the project truly public with the basic premise in this case a universe of space combat seen from the eyes of a character I came to call John Moore and the writing of the prologue and first 5 paragraphs of a story which also formed most of the basics in the story universe including some of the ships and fighters, how faster than light travel worked, a document I am still working on in the background, though it has fallen behind the mod in story development. Another by-product of the story file was the files that I developed to store ideas and how I evolved the universe.

A few months ago I started to use experience I had gained putting random missions together to start putting together the first mission for the mod and building the tables using FS2 and community models as place holders where needed then about a month ago I started preparing to launch this site (and I still got a lot wrong).

Regards
Headdie

Last edited by Headdie on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Headdie

Back to top Go down

Headdie's Journey Empty Re: Headdie's Journey

Post  Headdie Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Act 2
Sep 18, 2009 onwards

I started http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65700.msg1296218 to announce the launch of the website which took finalising various logos, taking images of ship mock-ups I had created in Blender to web hosting, finding a suitable forum in this case forumotion.com and spending most of a day setting it all up.

Since then I have had several pieces of advice offered through the HLP thread above which I have done my best at taking onboard with things being at the stage now of interest from Thaeris discussing concepts and a request for some evidence of FREDing ability which is fair enough and where the project stands. Another thing I have been working on since launching the project is that Dragon pointed out that the original project name of Stellar Frontiers has been done and I have now settled on Terran Chronicles and I am now slowly building everything to take into account the new name.

Last edited by Headdie on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Headdie

Back to top Go down

Post  Headdie Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Act 3
Sep 25, 2009

I decided to start this section in the forums for any one interested. Since the 18th I have been working primarily on getting a concept campaign out to help people see what the project is and hopefully generate more interest. All was going well until I made an alteration to the second mission and the game started crashing for no reason at a certain point in time on one mission so I had to start it from scratch a couple of time until I realised the problem might be related to a bug switching windows while FRED is saving (switching windows during a save is bad practice anyway imho so more fool me.) that set me back a few days, I now have crude missions 1 and 2 out of a target 3 for the concept campaign (as these missions are out of the original set I’m planning I want to leave something to play for when the thing is released in full. There is a possible 4th mission I am considering a training mission at the start to bring players up to speed on a few points but Mission 1 already contains some of these components and can easily be changed to implement the rest so a little in the air really. There is also a Future Mission going into it; this a planned series of odd missions set elsewhere in the storyline that is in no way related to the current campaign but will in all likelihood will be implemented in some form in a later campaign.

On another note I have I think finished updating all the images I have scatted about the web and the full filing cabinet I call a hard drive.

Headdie

Back to top Go down

Post  admin Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Act 4
Oct 21, 2009

Been a while since I have recorded anything in here so time for a quick update.
The concept campaign has stalled due to a corrupt FS install on my computer which i wont be able to fix for a few weeks so I am working on other bits, started learning planets and nebulae today and found a good tutorial for GIMP on the planets side of things, not a major aspect but it will need to be done and will help give a more polished feel.

Thaeris keeps coming up with good stuff, we have a few ideas on the warp effect, the weapon system and he has drawn up some really nice concept art for the Thunder Chief, a heavy anti capital missile/torpedo and a brill sketch for a as of yet un-designated light fighter

admin
Admin
Admin

https://tcmod.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum