Terran Chronicles - FS MOD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random storys

Go down

Random storys Empty Random storys

Post  admin Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm

All through this process I have been writing little story bits to go with it. below is an excerpt have drawn up between two characters to explain the difference in game between the "H.E.K.A." based coil guns and Rail Guns.

Characters
Junior Technician Sally Destan
Acting Pilot Officer 1st Lieutenant John Moore

Background
While stretching his legs John Moore wanders onto the gantries overlooking the flight deck of the crusader and looks down the launch deck towards the forward opening out to space. When a Junior Technician he knew who works on the ships fighters approached.

Excerpt

John looked down at a Thunder Chief heavy fighter which had recently landed and noticed the technicians surrounding it went strait to the second primary gun bank. Opening the access panels and stripping out a weapon he wasn’t familiar with. Pointing to the weapon being loaded onto the technical cart to be dragged back to the ships armoury, pointing to it he asked Sally Destan what it was.

“That is very old tech.” Sally replied.

“How do you mean?” John asked puzzled “Something left behind on the Crusader.”

“No, that design is only about 8 years old; it’s the Viper Rail Gun, a lot more powerful than the heavy coil gun we’re attaching to your fighter tomorrow. Better Shield penetration and hull damage.”

“So why are we using Coil guns? I mean if that thing is so much more powerful.”

“Well from your point of view the power demands of a coil gun are negligible I mean the modern coil gun is capable of near indefinite sustained fire without running down a fighters weapon capacitors. That thing will run them flat in a couple of seconds. From my side of things, just because that pilot triggered the Vipers one of the ships armament teams now have to replace the barrel of each weapon, strip out the rails run a molecular scan on them, if possible repair the defects that will have formed, adjust the spacers that will keep the rails in place to compensate for the repairs and reassemble everything, say on average 6 hours per barrel. The average coil gun will operate 6 hours continually before the coils need replacing say 30 minutes per weapon after 12 hours of operation is usually when we need to replace the ammo feeds and remaining electrical systems.”

“Ahh, so that’s why I haven’t been offered it.”

“No you need special access clearance.”…

admin
Admin
Admin

https://tcmod.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum